Get it together
and enjoy travel by train
If you’re planning on going somewhere in a group with colleagues, friends or family, there are great reasons why you should put the train in your trip. Enjoy our scenic services on the way to your destination, or simply along for the ride on one of our great daytime journeys.
Through the North Island’s heartland
The Northern Explorer travels to destinations between Auckland and Wellington, and the Capital Connection travels Monday to Friday between Palmerston North and Wellington.
Best of the Spectacular South
View the best New Zealand has to offer and enjoy outstanding coastal and alpine scenery from your seat or open- air observation carriage. The Coastal Pacific between Picton and Christchurch and The TranzAlpine between Christchurch and Greymouth both offer memorable ways to share a special scenic experience.
Great for groups
- Get big discounts when you book your group of 20 or more with an Account Manager
- Groups from 20 up to 450 can travel safely on one transport vehicle
- Large panoramic windows, bathroom facilities in each carriage
- Cafe and bar carriage stocked with a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Professional onboard crew can assist your group
- Have the freedom to walk around, play a game or host an Outside the Classroom experience
- Ideal for education groups, social clubs and sporting teams
- Whole carriages can be hired and themed with decorations, gifts, etc.
* discounts subject to space availability taken from the standard adult fares.
For more information please call 0800 250 000 (+64 3 341 2698) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus/ train Throughfares
Travel beyond Greymouth to the West Coast Glaciers & Queenstown with Intercity Coachlines.
For peace of mind on your journey, protect yourself and travelling campanions with Trip Cover.
Our weekday commuter service between Palmerston North & the capital city, Wellington.